skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Camoflage
So far each family member who has met Celeste has met her with some sort of surprise. For Julie, we wrapped up a blond-haired, glasses-wearing doll and presented her as Celeste. A very surprised Julie cracked up and was glad I suppose that we broke the ice with a doll. For my mom, I used a different approach. Since my mom has been so excited to meet her that she is just beside herself (out-of-control buying presents, as Julie reported to me), I decided to extend the anticipation just a bit longer....by forcing her to play hide and go seek. The object to be found: Celeste. Mom looked in the crib, she peered into the kitchen, she just about gave up looking when Laura (the woman who is helping me two mornings a week) stepped out from the shadows with a beautiful sleeping baby in her arms. Mom instantly de-stressed, tip-toed over to Celeste, gently stroked her forehead, and leaned over to give her a long-awaited kiss of 100% grandma love. Next thing we knew Celeste was in mom's arms and they were off to a good start--bonding.
Here are some pictures of our original hiding spot for Celeste: dressed in pink to camoflage her into the pink couch. We had to move her before mom got there bc she started crying, but for a good while, she was so content and cute there that I couldnt help but take some pictures.
Can you find her on the couch???? hahhaahahah
No comments:
Post a Comment