Mama n baby
5 minutes old...
Thursday, September 18, 2008
2 month mess!
Celeste turned TWO MONTHS old today! WOAAAH! "When did this happen?" "Wasn't she born last week?!" I keep thinking to myself. Celeste has grown so much and is so different from the new-newborn that came to life just two months ago. She is "cooing", smiling (more like a grin), kicking her legs, waving her arms, falling asleep on her own, and peering around at any and every interesting and new thing around her. I just bought her a mirror because apparently this is when babies begin to love looking in them because of the play on light and looking at themselves. To celebrate Mark, Ashley and I went out to Ethiopian food. Well, we were killing two birds with one stone because Ash is goign to Ethiopia on a Church medical missions trip in a few weeks, and we have bee wanting to take her out for a sneak-peak of Ethiopian food for a while. I dressed Celeste up in her warmest all-fleece outfit (it's starting to get chilly at night here!) which, apparently, was way too small because it is for size 7 lbs or less....aka she was too big for it two months ago when she was born. haha. I figured Id get one last use out of it, though. What a good idea...Ive discovered that fleece is her favorite fabric. It was so warm and toasty that it put her right to sleep and she slept the entire dinner through and then some.
To celebrate her birthday mommy-style I decided to imprint her hands and feet in one of those super-cute plaster keepsake that Sherry's friend Renee gave me ....theres gotta be a better way than how i ended up doing it! I began by mixing the plaster mix with water. It was supposed to be "the consistency of cookie dough"...but was more like straight water, no thickness to it at all. I poured it into the tin, and tried to follow the instructions to push Celeste's hand in to make an imprint. But it was so liquidy that I ended up just soaking her hand in white liquid. So, I decided to give up on the handprint ( I must have mixed the plaster wrong) and move on the the footprint. With the footprint, the mixture was a bit thicker, although I honestly thought it would have been like clay where you have to push the foot in and you end up with an impression of every nook and cranny of their bite-sized feet and toesies. I did end up with a basic footprint, but its not exactly professional. Then I decided to check on the handprint one to see if the solution had hardened enough to make a print....and much to my surprise, it was almost too hard! I attempted to get Celeste's hand print, but soon realized that being so little, she still automatically keeps her hand wound up in a little fist. I got her to relax enought o stick the hand down on the plaster with the fingers spread, but mid-imprint she closed ehr hand back up and smeared the print into one big blob in the process. Needless to say, I gave up on the handprint, finished the other footprint, and managed to write "Celeste, 2 months" into the plaster just in the nick of time. Man, that was a challenge...but worth it for my footprint keepsake!
The day ended with a long walk to and from the doctor's, where Celeste got two shots (vaccinations)---oh MAN, did she cry! Luckily, a big hug from yours truly helped her to feel better, and she slept the rest of the afternoon. It must have been her first taste of real pain...Im saying that the time I accidently bonked her head into the wall, or dropped my keys on her don't count!
Twoo MONTHS DOWN, a lifetime to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What about the time I spilled my hot meal on her and almost burned her? NOT GOOD!!!
Post a Comment