skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Grandpa Bill
I met Grandpa Bill today!
Short but sweet, his visit really showed me how much he loves me. I was almost sleeping when he arrived, knocking at our door in a cool shirt and looking refreshed. With the swift calmness of an experienced grandpa, he took me in his arms and didnt let go of me for the rest of his time here! I snuggled up next to him just absorbing his presence for hours while he talked with Mommy and Auntie Julie for a while. They decided to take me to the neighborhood park for the first time, I was excited! Mommy tried to strap me into the carseat/stroller and I wanted to tell her how uncomfortable that is, but I cant talk so I just stayed quiet and made some faces. Grandpa Bill understands me, though. He told Mommy: "Dont strap her in! Then the little thing can't move!" So with that we started our walk to the park. I was comfy and free: but then I got hungry just a block away from home! I cried and cried until Grandpa Bill saved the day for the second time. He swooped me up in his arms and jollily continued the trek to the park, with my head resting comfy on his shoulders and full entertainment from the moving shadows of trees and sunrays. By this time, I was really starting to like Grandpa Bill more and more. He knows what I dont say! Maybe its because he had twins and learned to interpret baby faces/cries under pressure. What really made me fall in love with him is when he saved me from being forced to drink cold milk. I was still hungry when we got to the park, and I heard Mommy say she wanted to feed me the bottle she brought. But I felt the bottle, and it was still cold from the fridge! Mean Mommy just wanted me to eat and stop crying. But Grandpa Bill knew better: he said that it was too cold and that I should have only the best: mother's milk! So, mommy whipped it out and I had a feast right there in the park! We hung out for a little while afterwards and observed older kiddies with cool toys that I hope Grandpa Bill buys for me in the future. ( ; It was such a great visit. I love Grandpa Bill, he saved the day THREE TIMES...and I know he loves me! Next time we see each other, I hope I can stay awake longer to really enjoy his presence ( :
1 comment:
hahah has dad seen this yet? you are a good writer, and a funny one.
Post a Comment