skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Visitors
Quite a busy past few weeks, Celeste's been getting to know some of her Aunties and Uncles that came to visit! First there was Vanessa, one of my most long-time friends. She drove all the way up from New York and spent the weekend helping me get over a bad cold. She gave Celeste a super-cute fall outift to keep me warm, complete with a puffy jacket, purple sweater, jeans and winter boots, which is great because Celeste's too big now for all her newborn clothes! It is really fun to see Celeste in that kindof clothes instead of just onesys because they make her look like a mini-grown up, not just a baby. It was cold and rainy that weekend so we went on a mission to find some cheap rainboots....6 hours later, after searching in 3 different cities, nursing in front of "Boston's cleanest store" (aka a dirty supermarket in the middle of knowwhere), and getting lost in an alleyway 40 mins outside of Boston cuz our directions were wrong, we finally ended up at Walmart where the only pair of rain boots that didn't look like construction worker's shoes were bright yellow. So now Vanessa and I have bright yellow matching rainboots, only hers are the kiddie version cuz she has small feet and so was able to get the cute ankle-version ones whereas mine go all the way up to my knees. Oh, and now we know where walmart is.
Our next visitor was Jessamyn, a good friend who studied in Brazil with me, met me in Peru to travel for 2 weeks, and then lived with me in Mexico. She is so awesome. We not only unknowingly both planned to go study in Mexico at the same time, but we also both studied in the same city, and then were randomly placed to live together in the same home! We had such a great time, I am so glad spent those months together! She was here in Boston on a business trip, so any free moment she had I brought Celeste to meet up together. We ended up squeezing in a dinner, breakfast, and desert rendes-vouz (how do you spell that?) and even a full day of New England foliage-watching. It was so beautiful! We drove for a full day to the other side of Massachussets to see the changing landscape. Even though we got to our destination with only about an hour left of sunlight, even the drive up there was worth it. We saw glimpses of rivers and ponds surrounded by bright reds, yellows, greens, and oranges. So bright and gorgeous it looked like paint had been splashed across the forest. We took a few pictures when we found one tree in particular that was so bright it was fuchia. I included here a picture, too, of Celeste's first bath in a week...baths had kindof slipped my mind for a while (oops). Jessamyn had fun spiking her hair with the shampoo. I also included her my new favorite picture: Celeste grinning in her sleep, sitting next to Jessamyn. Jessamyn was doing some work and watching Celeste while I took a shower, and when I came back in the room I found Celeste just grinning as she was so cozy dozing off enjoying Jessamyn's body heat and relaxed aura. So sweet, I love it!
Our third visitor was Sergio. He is also a very good friend who I know from UCLA. We met becuase he worked in the study abroad office and also went to BRazil (but the year before me) so we had that common interest and spent the year going to all sorts of Brazilian events together. At the end of the year, we ended up spending 2 weeks traveling to Cancun, through Belize, and all around Guatemala, where I met his family and learned all about his country as we talked on long car rides seeing the sites. He was here at a conference looking into getting a Hravard PHD (go Sergio!) in Education, so while he had some free time we watched a crew boat race on the Charles River, went out for a few beers (note to self: one beer is enough after nearly a year with no alcohol in my system), and enjoyed some good home-cooked food.
I think everyone really enjoyed meeting Celeste, as we enjoyed seeing them. Lessons learned: It takes twice as long to get anywhere with a baby, a day spent with a baby is tiring!, and babys are lots of fun, especially when they're your friend's baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment