Mama n baby

Mama n baby
5 minutes old...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Im a big girl now

So, Celeste turned 10 months old two days ago. Every time she completes a month, I think to myself "next month Ill finally think of her as a big baby"....and then she gets to that month and she still feels little to me. BUT, at ten months old, I can no longer deny it. She has officially reached "big baby" status. Not necessarily in size, but in her actions! She can put herself to sleep, has (finally) switched to the bottle, laughs, talks a lot (although none of it is comprehensible), makes up her mind to do things (like reaching for my earrings that hang over my bed), stays up late, and ~gasp~ even stands on her own. Thats right, as of last Sunday, Mother's Day, Celeste Felora Younger can stand up on her own. I took her to the beach and was hanging out with her, our friend Chloe, and Chloe's mom when I looked over and Lord knows how, Celeste was standing! She had no table to pull herself up on or leg to stabilize herself on...she just plain stood up! She did it three times that afternoon and since then has been on a steady streak of being stable on her feet. My guess is that she'll be walking for sure by the time she's one- which isnt even that far away! We are excited for my new niece, who will be born in T-minus two weeks. She will be like a little sister to Celeste. so happy....

2 comments:

Sita said...

Celeste is growing so fast! Look at those chompers! I miss you both so much!!! We gotta soon, I have news!

Anonymous said...

yaaaaay Amelia is born! PS- Kelly, how did you get to be such a hot mama?